- Visiting Surgeon Leipzig Heart Centrum Germany, Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery (MICS)& TAVI (2015)
- Swedish Medical Center Seattle Washington USA, MICS & ROBOTICS (2013)
- University of Maryland Medical Center Baltimore USA, Robotics and Advanced Coronary Interventions (2010)
- Advanced VATS Workshop Singapore 2013
- Thoracic Surgery and VATS Masterclass Society of Minimally Thoracic Surgery 2015
Extensive experience in Off Pump Coronary Artery Bypass including OPCAB in Acute Myocardial Infarction ,Ischemic Heart failure .Keen interest in Minimal Invasive and Cosmetic approaches in Cardiac Surgeries ,Complex Thoracic Surgery including Resection of Mediastinal Tumours,Lung Resections,VATS.Also performs Vascular anastamosis in Liver and Kidney Transplant and peripheral vascular surgery and Endovascular procedures.
Faculty/Speaker in International Conferences .
First Heart Summit of Emerging Nations Lahore 2005,Japanese association of CTS Conference Okayama Japan 2005,International Symposium on Stem Cell Applications in Heart Failure Bangkok 2007, Biennial Conference Heart Valve Disease New York 2007,Asian Society of CTS Singapore 2008 and 2013 and Phuket 2011,Thoracic Surgical Club Annual Meeting Florida USA 2009, Integrated Cardiovascular Repair Workshop Baltimore USA 2010, Inaugural Symposium Cardiac Emergencies Orlando Florida USA 2013 ,First Obihiro Tokachi Heart Summit Obihiro 2013 ,Advanced Cardiovascular and Off Pump Summit Tokyo 2014.
OTHER COURSES AND TRAINING:
1. Certificate course in BIOSTATISTICS & RESEARCH METHODOLOGY from PGIMER, Chandigarh 1996.
2. Certificate course in APPLIED COMPUTER SYSTEMS AND Special Certificate course in INTERNET Chandigarh 2000.
3. Visiting Surgeon at UMMS BALTIMORE in Department of Robotics and advanced Coronary interventions March /April 2010
4. Visiting Surgeon Swedish Heart and Vascular Institute Seattle Washington in Department of Minimally invasive Cardiac Surgery and Robotics May 2013.
5. visiting Surgeon at Leipzig Hertzzentrum Germany May 2015.
6.Advanced VATS workshop SINGAPORE 2013.
7.Training in Minimally invasive Technology and Endoscopic Surgery ,Delhi 2014
8.Thoracic Surgery and VATS Masterclass Society of Minimally invasive Thoracic Surgery Bangkok 2015
EXPERIENCE IN CTVS
Experience of more than 5000 Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeries including more than 4000 OPCAB surgeries with experience of more than 1500 Off Pump CABGs in high risk patients including acute MI , Ischemic Heart Failure and Cardiogenic shock .Other cardiac surgeries include Closure of septal defects, Valve Surgeries, Pericardectomies, mitral valvotomies, PDA closure . Keen interest in thoracic surgeries including, Thoracic trauma, LungResections/lobectomy/pneumonectomy,Decortications,Thymectomies Mediastinal tumours . Have also devised several own innovative techniques published in reputed international journals. Vascular surgeries and Endovascular surgeries. Repaired penetrating Cardiac injuries successfully. .Was also a part of Liver and Renal Transplant team and performed hepatic artery anastamosis regularly and renal artery anastamosis and other vascular and Endovascular intervention
Apart from main working hospitals also Performed surgeries at multiple collaborating hospitals in different cities like FORTIS ESCORTS Amritsar and Sadbhawna hospital and Amar Hospital Patiala ,as well as Raja Hosptal Nawa Shehr apart from IVY Hospitals at Mohali, Nawa Shehr ,Hoshiyarpur and Amritsar,Shalby Hospital Mohali , Cardiothoracic and Vascular surgeries at Kare Partner Chandigarh and SIIMS Hospital Kurukshetra.
- More than 68 Publications in reputed International and National journals like Annals of Thoracic Surgery, European Journal of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Asian Cardiovascular Annals , Japanese Journal of CVTS, Journal of Heart Valve Disease and Indian Journal of CVTS etc .
- Read more than 105 papers in various International and National Conferences
- Was granted Travel Grant by JATS to present work on OPCAB in acute MI and Ischemic Heart failure at Okayama Japan in October 2005. ASCVTS Singapore 2011 and Tokyo 2014.
- Was Faculty /Guest Speaker at various International Conferences including Asian Society of Cardiovascular Thoracic Surgery meeting at Singapore in March 2008 and October 2013 , Joint ASCVTS-ATCSA meeting at Phuket May 2011 and International Heart Summit of Emerging Nations at Lahore in march 2005 and International Cardiology Conference at Shanghai Dec 2010 as well as ICE Inaugural International Symposium at Orlando Florida USA IN March 2013, 1ST Tokachi-Obihiro Heart Conference OBIHIRO 2013,17TH Japanese Advanced Heart and Vascular Conference June 2014, Cardiomersion 2015 at Dubai October 2015, Bangkok December 2015, Cardiomersion 2018 Singapore .
- Actively involved in various International Clinical Research Projects as Principal Investigator / Co-ordinator .
- Reviewer of Journal of Heart Valve Disease and American Journal of Cardiology.
- Author of Chapter on Development of Cardiac Surgery in India in book History of Surgery in India.
- Founder Chairman of group CARDIOMERSION with objectives INNOVATE ,INTEGRATE AND EDUCATE spreading updates in comprehensive Cardiovascular disease Management Globally.
- ORGANIZING CHAIRMAN OF INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES
- Organizing Chairman of International Conferences Cardiomersion 2011 Chandigah India , Cardiomersion 2012 Chandigarh , Institute of Cardiac Emergencies Inaugural International Symposium 2013 ORLANDO Florida, Obihiro Japan September 2013, Tokyo Japan 2014 , Cardiomersion 2015 Dubai,Cardiomersion 2018 Singapore August .
- Managing Editor CTVS WebMed Central and Web Med Central Plus.
- Invited as Faculty in several International Conferences / Forums
AWARDS FOR INNOVATIVE WORK
1.Himotkarsh Himachalshree Award
2.International Health Professional of the Year
3.Outstanding Scientist of 21ST Century.
Biography included in Outstanding Scientists of 21st century, Who’s who in world,who’s who in Asia ,Who’s who in Healthcare and Medicine,Who’s who in world science and technology,Outstanding personalities of Chandigarh Vol 1.
More than ELEVEN YEARS POSTGRADUATE TEACHING EXPERIENCE INCLUDING SEVEN YEARS & EIGHT MONTHS TEACHING EXPERIENCE at PGIMER, Chandigarh (Secretary Medical Council Circular No. MCI-12 (1)/74-Medical-9066 dated 04.09.1974):
- THREE YEARS TEACHING EXPERIENCE during S. (General Surgery) at PGIMER, Chandigarh (1st January 1994 to 31st December, 1996).
- THREE YEARS TEACHING EXPERIENCE during M.Ch. Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery in the DEPARTMENT OF CTVS PGIMER, Chandigarh (1st January, 1997 to 31st December, 1999).
- ONE YEAR EIGHT MONTHS TEACHING EXPERIENCE AS ASSISTANT PROFESSOR in the DEPARTMENT OF CTVS PGI, Chd (25.3.2000 To 12.11.01).
- FOUR YEARS TEACHING DNB Residents at Fortis Hospital for DNB in CTVS, Cardiology and GENERAL SURGERY .
- Fortis Teaching Faculty imparting training to Junior Consultants, DNB Residents ,OT nurses ,MBA Heathcare Chitkara students and non medical Hospital Staff.
- One year rotatory internship at IGMC, Shimla (1987-88).
- Six months House job in Ophthalmology at IGMC, Shimla (1st July to 31st, 1988).
- Six months house job in Surgery at IGMC, Shimla (1st January to 20th July, 1989).
- Three years rural service in HP Health Services (July, 1989 to Oct., 1992).
- Three months in State Blood Bank & AIDS control programme at DDU Hospital, Shimla (Oct., 1992 to Dec., 1992) as Blood transfusion Officer.
- One year in Surgery Department DDU Hospital, Shimla (Jan. 1993 to Dec. 1994).
- Three Years Junior Residency in General Surgery PGI, Chd. (1.1.94 to 31.12.96).
- Three Years Senior Residency in CTVS PGI, Chandigarh (1.1.1997 to 31.12.1999).
- Clinical Attache in Department of CTVS, PGIMER Chandigarh (1.1.2000 to 24.3.2000).
- Assistant Professor in Department of CTVS, PGIMER Chandigarh (25.3.2000 to Nov 2001).
- Assistant Consultant in Department of CTVS ( FORTIS HOSPITAL MOHALI)PUNJAB,India (19-11-01 to 30-09-02).
- Senior Assistant Consultant in Department of CTVS, FORTIS HOSPITAL (30-9-02 to 31-3-04) .
- Associate Consultant CTVS FORTIS HOSPITAL MOHALI (1-4-04 to 31-3-06)
- Consultant CTVS FORTIS HOSPITAL MOHALI (1-4-2006 )
- Senior Consultant CTVS Fortis Hospital Mohali since APRIL 2009
- Additional Director CTVS Fortis Hospital Mohali
71 PUBLICATIONS in reputed International and National Journals ,Awarded Travel Grant by Japanese Society of CTS, Asian Society of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery,International Health Professional 2008,Outstanding Scientist of 21st Century IBC Cambridge UK,Himotkarsh Himachal Shree,Who’s Who in World,Asia and Healthcare,Leading personalities of Chandigarh ,Vice President Chandigarh Surgical Society,Convener Cardiovascular Sciences National Stem Cell Society of India, Founder Chairman Global Group Cardiomersion